Monday, October 22, 2012

The Sonnet of You - A Poem

I wrote a lot in high school. It was my thing. I was the one a lot of my brother's friends came to for help with writing a poem or paper before their class. It came easily to me in high school. I figured I'd brush out my old poems and type them out.  I promise to get back into writing actual blog posts later on. Haven't been feeling it lately =/ So, for today, I present "The Sonnet of You".
___________________________________


You look at me
From across the dock
You were looking at the sea,
Then suddenly, 
Our eyes lock.
I can’t believe you walked my way
My face turned red and my eyes darted to the ground
I had to hold on because I started to sway
The way you walked made no sound.
You were before me in a blink of an eye
I looked up as you stroked my face
When you pulled me close, I let out a sigh
You pulled a ribbon from our pocket; it was lace
You kissed me as you put the ribbon around my neck
We didn't care if people began to stare.

No comments:

Post a Comment