Sunday, September 9, 2012

Snap Dragons - A Poem

I wrote this in high school. I don't remember when or why I wrote it. It just came to me.
_____________________________________________________________



Snap dragons

Against the brick wall

Clutching her purse

Barely breathing

Shard of broken glass

Sprayed across

The minutes so slow

Blood underneath

Her torn tee shirt

A blanket of smoke

People like to see

They exhale the truth

Screaming

Banging

Jumping!

The color of mangoes

Like a song at dinner time

In the evening

Wine and cheese

I used to play

Imitating rhododendrons

Underneath the stars

Screaming Rock n roll!

Closed in

A bright green picture

Crawling in New York City

In the cathedral

There was energy

Like a pocketful of raindrops

A dark theater

Smoke rings imitating

No comments:

Post a Comment