Thursday, September 20, 2012

New Life Plan

Things have been hectic for me over the past few years. I have gone through a lot and have gotten a lot better at a lot of things. I know I am not perfect and I have a really long way to go until I am at a level that is "appropriate" for many people. I got to thinking last night though. I was planning on going to bed but had to quickly ask a friend for a favor and that turned into a long conversation about things that I  needed for an upcoming project.

I had to ask my friend to help me with some drawings. Drawings, why drawings? You may be asking yourself. Well, I've decided that I have so much free time from not working that I should get back into my old hobbies and brush up on my skills. I used to love writing since I learned how to. I would write letters and stories. I loved to write research papers (weird, I know lol). But I had stopped. I also loved to draw. I wasn't great at it, but I was ok. I stopped that too. Lately though, I've gotten back into writing a lot. I've had so many ideas for stories that it's a bit overwhelming. Master has been having me write short erotica for him, which has helped in getting my creative juices flowing.  I have a lot more for Him that I need to polish up and edited before showing them. I also have a few short story ideas that I need to write down before I forget them. My latest one is actually a children's book I had been wanting to write about Halloween. It's nothing big but it's something that I have been thinking of doing for a while. I have posted at least one story up previously and plan to do a few more.

I'm hoping that this will get me back into the habit of writing a story a day and eventually  back into doing research and writing research papers for my own enjoyment. So, what does this have to do with my new life plan? Well this is just the beginning really. I have no idea what's going to happen from now until the end of the year. I had many plans for myself as of January 2012 and none have really succeeded. I figure it's time to think of a different path for myself. I have been thinking of whether Graduate School was right for me. I had been told by one or two people that I shouldn't go for a Master's in Social Work because I can't even get a job with my B.A. But, I knew that it would be hard getting into it. Lots of places are cutting back, funding is being cut from a lot of agencies. It's just a hard time for everyone. I am still very much interested in social work though. I have also been looking into specializing in Sex Therapy and Education. I'm still looking up schools and what I would need to get into this kind of program, but it had always been a joke between friends and I in high school - that I would be the one to grow up and be the sex therapist. The other program I have been looking at is Animal Assisted Social Work  (AASW). It's been an interest of mine since I started my social work program in college. I still have time to think of which one I would want to do first, because that really determines where I will hopefully be moving to.

There are so many things I had put on hold or decided weren't worth doing. There is really nothing holding me back right now from actually going out and finally doing these things (well besides money, but there will never be enough lol). Every journey begins with the first step. I'm taking mine to the start of a new life for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment