Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Taken By Many - Probably Not what you think


It's taken me a bit to write about this but there are things I want to say about a few people in my life. Some of them aren't on this site but I got permission to post this up here. This isn't even a complete list yet. I have gotten emotional while writing this so it will take me some time to completely finish this. So until then, enjoy this current work in progress :)

I have come to realize that my heart has been taken. There is a special lady, my Bibi, my best friend. It was by chance that we met. It was on IMVU of all places. For some time, I created things for that site to get some cash and kill time while I was in school. I was ok at it and knew how to really get things done. She was looking for someone to help her. So I volunteered. We talked every day and I would give her tips. Over time, conversations became less about making things and more about learning about each other. Slowly, my Bibi made her ninja way through my castle and found my heart. This is a hard task for many people because I push and I push hard. But, being Bibi, she snickered at the challenge and somehow found the map. This chic is a true damn ninja! It's taken her a few years now but she made her way through the maze. Once she was in, she didn't take advantage of it. She could have grabbed my heart and slowly crushed it. Instead, she's been guarding it. She found my heart and started to nurse it back to health, much like a bird with a broken wing. When I was ready, she watched me carefully and let me test the waters. When I thought I could fly to the sun and came crashing down, it was my Bibi that was there, running to catch me as I fell and nurse me back to my feet.

Then there is my Daddy, Joii. Joii has been in my life since high school. He's one of 2 people I talk to on a constant basis from that time. Joii has seen me at my absolute best and my absolute worst. He has always been there for me, even when we argued and I pushed him away, he was there. Joii is more than my best friend, he's my Daddy. Joii was one of the few to visit me in college and we have lived together before. Looking back, even then Joii was protective of me. We have had all different types of relationships. I am so glad we have known each other this long and that he continues to be in my life. I have written so much about him before but it still isn't enough to truly express what this man means to me. I tell him everything. He was the first person I told about the night terrors and the reasons I was going days without sleep. He was the person I willingly told about some things that had happened throughout my life. He never once prodded or gave me an ultimatum to tell him. He just opened his arms and let me move at my own pace. He is everything I could have ever hoped for in a Daddy. There is so much I could say about him, but it would take so much space and I'd get to emotional, I probably wouldn't finish :P

Then there is D & A (I don't want to use their real names), sometimes referred to as my "Kenosha Boys" (only one lives there though lol). I met both these guys in college and, although we rarely talked, we were still friends and the conversations were always awesome. I met D while learning to play D&D. It started off with me being afraid of him because of my roommate's accounts (she was his ex). But as I got to know him, I saw just how wrong she was. D spoke his mind and introduced me to many awesome things. We liked all the same movies, and he introduced me to many I had not seen. He was the person I went to when my then boyfriend and I were arguing and I got the back of a hand to my face. We spent that summer hanging out, watching movies, and picking on the snotty kids and workers that were there for the summer. Although there is distance, I try to see him as much as I can. He is one of the few guys I know EXACTLY where I stand with. We understand how our relationship works and the limits to how much we can hang out; hell, we understand than hanging out for more than a week will lead to us attempting to kill one another. He was one of very few who actually offered to take me in when I was kicked out of my house and not welcomed in my dad's house.

Then there is A. He is my closest friend. We weren't that close when we first met in college and I only talked to him a few times before moving off campus and leaving school. However, once we reconnected, we became really good friends. A allows me to vent to him when I can't take it anymore. I feel so comfortable around him and let down my guard every time, something I rarely do with people. I don't feel I ever have to hide how I'm feeling or what I'm thinking.

_____________________________

Ok, that's all I can write for one day lol. There are about four or five more people that are to be included in this list. I'll write it later, when I'm not so sappy feeling lol

No comments:

Post a Comment