Thursday, June 13, 2013

Dear Daddy

Dear Daddy,

Thank you for caring. You saw that things were hard for me. You knew before anyone else that I was falling and you were there to catch me. It's hard not being able to talk to you a lot, but I know why. Things are hectic on both our sides so I cherish all the time we do get to talk. You are the best Daddy ever and I never tell you enough how much you mean to me. You are the reason I keep going and pushing myself to do better and climb out of my hole. Our relationship is weird to so many people but I don't care. I think it's fun to watch people figure out how you can be my Daddy Dom without ever being sexual or romantic with me. :)

You've been one of my best friends since high school. I could tell you anything and you never judged me for it. You were always there to help me with my art classes and help me get better. I was confident in my skills because you helped me. Then we lived together when I moved to Wisconsin. And although we may have all had our disagreements, I loved every moment of living with you and Papa Bear! You two were the best company I had in the apartment.

You and I go way back Daddy, and even when we didn't know what it was, you always watched over me. You made sure people didn't pick on me, that I was eating, that I was ready for practice. You were the only one to see me cry when we got the news about my friend David getting shot during out Junior year. You were the first to see my breakdown when we learned about Juan getting killed. I remember you, Papa Bear, dickwad, and I going to the mall and you constantly nagging me about eating so many gummi bears and not sharing.

Sometimes, I wish I could explain better just what you mean to me but I'm always at a loss of words. No matter what happens, I know you'll be there to catch me before I hit bottom. You are forever my Daddy and you will be the only one. Sometimes I wish I could just climb through the screen and curl into your arms, but just knowing you're a text away helps so much. I hope to always make you proud to call me your sweetpea.

Daddy, you will always be the King who shields my heart from all the wayward knights trying to steal it away. Thank you for being such a wonderful man. I love you Daddy <3

Addy

1 comment:

  1. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
    I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog.
    A fantastic read. I'll certainly be back.

    Also visit my blog post; Sessel mit Aufstehhilfe

    ReplyDelete