Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Knight


I don't want a knight in shining armor. I desire a knight that is dented and bloodied. Shining armor shows he has sent forth others to fight as he sits back. Those who are dented and bloodied have taken the task of going out to protect those around them. The dented and bloodied know what it is like to fight for something. While the shining knight gets the girl and praise of the kingdom, the dented and bloodied are cast aside as pawns.

I do not want a knight in shining armor. I desire a knight that is dented and bloodied. I am not the princess locked in the tower. I am the maiden that attends to the princesses and keeps them sane until their shining knights rescue them. I am the one who will battle to keep them safe. I will meet this dented and bloodied knight halfway as he tries to battle through to the castle. We will have have conquered many demons on each of our sides.

It will be with each others help that we defeat the biggest demon of all. There will be a long battle ahead; at times we will be forced to battle one another. At times, we will be hurt, leaving the other to continue on battling alone. If we continue the battle together, if we watch each others backs, we will emerge victorious.

If we are victorious, we will no longer be at the beckoning of the shiny knight and the various princesses. If we are victorious, we will walk away with the head on the demon in tow, confident that we can take on all others who try to come between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment